Welcome to Back to Church Sunday!
What is Church?
Is it the building? No. That’s why we call the place where we gather an Oratory - which means "place of prayer."
Is it the people? Yes. And we gather together as Church in order to encounter the living God in Word, Sacrament and in each other.
The gathered church is a place where we come to discover and explore the purpose and meaning of life.
The gathered Church is a place where we come to encounter Jesus Christ risen and alive.
The gathered Church is a community that seeks to serve the needs of others.
The call of Back to Church Sunday is really a call Back to Life.
- the church is place to come to get your life together.
- the church is a place where there are hypocrites, and there is always room for one more!
- the church is a place where you can wear whatever kind of clothes you want to wear.
- the church is a place where it is ok to doubt and not necessarily believe the same things.
- the church is a place for men, women, children, old and young.
- the church is a place where your past is forgiven.
- the church is a place where it is ok to not be ok.
- the church is not about religion as much as it is about relationship.
To be Church is to…have a heart and mind that is changing and maturing in Christ. It is to be in relationship with God and one another. It is to be reaching out in love and care to a hurting and broken community and world.
Lets change our hearts and minds and give them to the Love that is Christ.
Let us make His Love known.
Let us change our families, communities and world for good.
Welcome back to Church!