Saturday 31 December 2011

New Year Blessing

As another year comes to a close, it is good for us to take some time and to not only reflect on our experiences in the last year, but also to recognize how we have changed over the last 12 months.

Whether we recognize it or not, as time goes by we are changing. I am not the same person now as I was last year. Our experiences, both good and bad, can form who we are becoming, for both good and bad.

Our life experiences in and of themselves are not the most important factor - because a lot of the time we cannot control them. But how we "respond" to our life experiences is what is most important.

As we grow older, are we learning to respond with a greater sense of love, understanding and compassion to the experiences that make up our lives?

The authentic life is not found on the surface, it is in the heart.
This year I hope to enter more deeply into my heart, my spirit, where I encounter God's Divine Life, Christ's Life. And out of the depths of that sacred center which is Love, to ebb and flow with the unpredictable surface turmoil of my life.

My prayer is the same for you.
Wishing you a happy, blessed and love filled new year,
Father Gerald+

No comments: