Tuesday 29 January 2013

Cupids and the beginning of a Sabbatical


Cupids (January 7-26, 2013)


For a parish priest, with the day in and day out, 24 and 7 responsibilities of caring for and leading a community, the recommended sabbatical every 5 to 7 years is something I don’t have to be told twice about!

With the approval and blessing of the parish vestry, I began a 6 week sabbatical on January 7. I used the first three weeks of my sabbatical (January 7-26) to rest, read and reflect in the solitude of my home in Cupids. Being tired spiritually, mentally and physically, I simply wanted some time to rest, and to begin the process of detaching from the responsibilities of parish and agenda. 

A small winter river in Burnt Head

Greenland

Greenland Beach

Richard Rohr’s books on spirituality and community living have been my focus during that period of time, in addition to the fresh air, quiet and solitude of Burnt Head.

No comments: